- For a condensed membership page suitable for printing to give out at events see Membership/handout.
Benefits of becoming a member include:
- voting rights at meetings
- officialwiki editing rights
- access to members-only mailing lists
- the chance to steer Wikimedia Australia's direction and influence the Wikimedia Foundation chapter-selected Board seats
How to become a member of Wikimedia Australia
- Fill out and submit the application form. Be sure all the submitted information is correct.
- You will receive a confirmation email with the subject Application for Wikimedia Australia Membership.
- If your application is approved, you will receive another email to inform you that the membership dues are pending. This email contains information about how you pay your membership fees at the relative rates - (AUD$20/year, AUD$10/year concession).
- Once your payment has been received, you will receive a confirmation email to inform you of the status to 'Current'. You will be added to the members mailing list unless you request otherwise. The email address you provided will be the primary method of contact regarding all Wikimedia Australia meetings and other events, unless you request otherwise.
The committee approved the following motion at the March 2009 meeting:-
- That members joining and paying a subscription after 1 April in any financial year, be fully paid up until the end of the following financial year.
Renewal of membership
Membership renewal falls due on 1 July of a given year.
If you have any questions, please email the Treasurer at treasurerwikimedia.org.au
How to renew
Simply make a payment (according to Payment methods) with a comment including your name and if there is room, also the word "renewal", and also email the treasurer (treasurerwikimedia.org.au). It's not necessary to do anything in memberDB for renewing.
At this time, the available payment methods are listed below in order of our preference. Further payment types may be added at a later stage.
- Direct deposit (much preferred)
- Cheque or money order
- BSB: 633-000
- Account No.: 134821859
- Account name: Wikimedia Australia Incorporated
- SWIFT Code: BENDAU3B (only for international transfers)
- If you pay via international transfer, please add AUD$2 for the bank fee.
Cheques and money orders
Please send to:
- Wikimedia Australia, Inc.
- PO Box 1093
- Toombul QLD 4012
With an accompanying note mentioning your name, email address and the purpose of the payment (e.g. joining, renewing).
If you wish to pay via credit card or Paypal (http://www.paypal.com/), our account is <treasurerwikimedia.org.au>. You can also use email this address to get a Paypal payment request, which can be paid via Paypal account or credit card (a Paypal account is not necessary).
If at any time you have problems or you want to ask about the progress/status of your application, please contact the Secretary at secretarywikimedia.org.au.