- Submits the proposal for Wikimedia Australia to incorporate to the registrar at the Victorian Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Lodges an annual statement and other required financial documents within one month after the annual general meeting.
- Notifies the registrar of any change of the association's registered address within 14 days of the change.
- Notifies the registrar of any change in the public officer's status or address within 14 days of the change.
- Notifies the registrar of any change in the rules, statement of purposes, change in name or winding up of the association and resulting distribution of assets.
The public officer must be a person over 18 years of age and a resident in the State of Victoria. The public officer does not have to be an officer or ordinary committee member of Wikimedia Australia Inc.
The roles and other information on the position of Public Officer are currently set out in Factsheet 7, dated September 2004, of Consumer Affairs Victoria.